Mercy College's Bachelor of Science program in Behavioral Science is designed for students who wish to broaden their major field to include both Psychology and Sociology. The Behavioral Science major provides a lifetime's worth of useful insights and information about how individuals behave at home, at school, in the workplace, and in the community.
This helps to prepare a student for any job and or occupation involving people, in multiple settings including education, human services, business, government and law enforcement. Mercy College offers a multidisciplinary major in Behavioral Science with a specialization in Health Services Management, ideal for students who work or would like to work in the field of health services management.
The program will broaden your knowledge of how health care services are delivered, organized and financed in the United States. Classes are offered at the Bronx campus and entirely online. Mercy's faculty is comprised of highly qualified and professional instructors who bring many years of practical experience to the classroom and are able to prepare you to succeed in the workplace.
Students who choose the major concentration in Behavioral Science with a Specialization in Health Services Management must complete:
- BHSC 244 Social Psychology
- BHSC 226 Computers Soc/Behv Sciences
- BHSC 348 Methodology Soc/Beh Sciences
- BHSC 426 Classics Soc/Beh Sciences
- SOCL 271 Med Sociology: Health Care Modern
- SOCL 308 Health Care Organizat/Management
- SOCL 366 Medical Ethics
and any two of the following:
- ACCT 120 Intro to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 121 Intro to Management Accounting
- BHSC 370 Stats Socl/Behv Sciences
- PSYN 345 Industrial Psychology
- SOCL/ LAWS/ POLS/ PSYN 255 Managing Human Conflict I
three elective courses selected under advisement from the major courses in Psychology and/or Sociology numbered 200 or above. BHSC 370 Statistics for the Social and Behavioral Sciences is recommended for students planning to attend graduate school. BHSC/ PSYN/ SOCL 399 Internship is recommended.