Introduction to Quality Control (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
Quality and consistency in products and services is a minimum expectation from customers and despite a clear need for quality control (QC), there’s a distinct lack of certified skills. This free Introduction to Quality Control course covers the different dimensions of ‘quality’, the seven quality control tools of effective quality management and the basic approach to statistical process control (SPC) for quality control of products and services.
This is a free online course with a certificate. Interested? Simply click the button and start today.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 5-6 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Certificate is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles, and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Certificate: a downloadable Certificate in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with free shipping.
- Framed Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with free shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
There are various ways to approach quality control (QC) and this free online course discusses these approaches as well as the evolution of quality control techniques. You will learn about different components such as Quality of Conformance, Quality of Performance, Quality of Design and how quality characteristics are chosen for developing important control charts.
The material describes and discusses the seven tools of quality management and the basic approach to statistical process control (SPC). You will analyze why it is important for organizations and manufacturers to maintain good quality products and services and then move on to the different quality control charts used for SPC in production processes. This free online course also covers the relevance of plotted values on x- and y-axes for sample control charts. This course then outlines in detail the different types and functions of control charts for attributes, as well as their variables. You will study the importance of mean control and range control charts, as well as how to develop a methodology for these charts. You will learn how to examine the relationship between productivity and work-study, as well as how they can be used favourably to improve the economy.
Quality control skills are vital if manufacturers want to improve products, test them for variations and help train employees to reach and surpass certain standards. If you’re in industrial engineering or keen on learning about how quality control works in this environment, then sign up today.
Introduction to Quality Control
This topic introduces Quality Control in Industrial Engineering, along with the tools used in analyzing and maintaining a good quality for the production of goods and services. You will also learn about the different dimensions and components of Quality Control.
Quality Control, Productivity, and Work Study
In this module, you will be introduced to the functions of control charts as well as how to draw control charts for variables and attributes. You will learn about the functions of process capability, process means, and the relationship between productivity and work-study.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Identify the need for having good quality products and services through quality control
- Relate quality to performance in quality control (QC) in production
- Define statistical process control (SPC) and identify its relevance to organizations
- Relate quality management to the production of goods and services
- Understand the functions of control charts
- Explain how control charts for variables are drawn in form of an X bar and an R chart
- Analyze the idea and functions of process capability
- Outline how the process mean works
- Discuss the characteristics of attributes in industrial engineering
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Careers related to this course:
- Quality Control Inspector
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Quality Assurance Tester