Doctorate in Biology
Atlantic International University
Full time, Part time
USD 13,500 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Pedagogic Online Program: $13,500.00 / Andragogic Online Program: $8,500.00
Doctor of Biology at AIU
The Doctor of Biology (PhD) objective is to prepare students to become scholars and independent researchers with the ability to apply biology principles as well as advanced analytical and experimental techniques to conduct new research. The Biology program provides both a broad background knowledge base and an in-depth study of a specialized area of biology. Examples of specialized areas of biology are cellular and molecular biology, marine biotechnology, neurobiology, and microbiology. The Biology program is designed to advance the professional development of experienced biology graduates and professionals in the biology arena by extending their knowledge and equipping them with broad research and process biology skills, enabling them to make a key leadership contribution to their chosen fields.
Watch and learn more about AIU today!
AIU’s Doctorate degree in Biology goes one step further by allowing students to study and research multiple key areas of computer science to develop a unique foundation of practical knowledge and computer science theory.
Your AIU Distance Learning Doctorate program in Biology will be a custom-made program, designed just for you by you and your advisor. This flexibility to meet your needs is seldom found in other distance learning programs. Our program does not require every student to study the same subjects and use the same books and other learning materials as every other student. Instead, our online Doctoral programs are designed just for you. They are individually designed to meet your needs and help you to reach your professional and personal goals.
Important: Below is an example of the topics or areas you may develop and work on during your studies. By no means is it a complete or required list as AIU programs do not follow a standardized curriculum. It is meant solely as a reference point and example. Want to learn more about the curriculum design at AIU? (Course and Curriculum)
Core Courses and Topics in Biology
- Medical Image Processing
- Prokaryotic Gene Structure
- Information Visualization
- Molecular Evolution
Specialty Courses and Topics in Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Cell Biology
- Communication & Investigation (Comprehensive Resume)
- Organization Theory (Portfolio)
- Experiential Learning (Autobiography)
- Academic Evaluation (Questionnaire)
- The fundament of Knowledge (Integration Chart)
- Fundamental Principles I (Philosophy of Education)
- Professional Evaluation (Self Evaluation Matrix)
- Development of Graduate Study (Guarantee of an Academic Degree)
Research Project in Biology
- Doctoral Dissertation Project
- MBM900 Doctoral Proposal
- MBM902 Doctoral Dissertation (15,000 words)
- Publication: Each Doctor of Biology graduate is encouraged to publish their research papers either online in the public domain or through professional journals and periodicals worldwide.