Postgraduate Diploma in
Professional Educator License in School Social Social Work endorsement (post-grad MSW) Aurora University Online
Enhance your skills and prepare for school social work practice with the online Professional Educator License in School Social Social Work endorsement (post-grad MSW) from Aurora University Online. This program is designed for those who have earned a Master of Social Work degree and plan to specialize their skills for public and private school settings.
The coursework consists of key topics in social work policy, exceptional children, reading content, and field instruction. When you earn your school social work certification online, you will be prepared to provide social services and assistance that improves the quality of life for children both socially and psychologically and maximizes the family well-being and academic functioning of children.
MSW program coursework is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and an online Professional Educator License in School Social Work endorsement coursework is approved by the Illinois State Board of Education.
Aurora University’s school social work certification online program provides you with a broad academic background in school social work practice, as well as field experience in school social work. Each class is taught by faculty members who have real-world experience. Each class is taught by faculty members who have real-world experience. Note that field experience must be completed in an Illinois school and the PEL is issued for the state of Illinois only.
The applicant must have a Master of Social Work degree from a CSWE-approved program.
Aurora University offers a curriculum designed to meet Illinois State Board of Education requirements for endorsement as a school social worker in Illinois. The endorsement-only program is for students who have earned an MSW degree.
- A completed Graduate Application for Admission.
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) from all prior undergraduate and graduate colleges and/or universities. Aurora University accepts official electronic transcripts at [email protected]
- Master of Social Work degree from a CSWE-approved program with a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Students with a lower GPA will be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the student’s professional and/or academic abilities.
- A curriculum vitae or detailed resume that includes work experience, educational background, professional experience, professional activities, honors, professional publications and/or presentations and other relevant information relating to the applicant’s leadership background.
- A completed background check (applicant must pay for this).
When all components of the application package are received by AU Online, it is sent to the Coordinator of the School Social Work Specialization. Aurora University recommends that applicants pass the ISBE Test of Academic Proficiency (400) (or equivalent) prior to school social work placement. The School Social Work Content Exam (184) may be completed during the school social work placement and must be completed prior to licensure. Information about these exams can be found at il.nesinc.com.
This program provides a pathway to becoming a school social worker in public and private school settings in Illinois. Graduates are prepared for school social work certification in Illinois.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.