Master of Education in Sports Administration East Central University Online
Prepare for leadership roles in sports management in the online Master of Education in Sports Administration program at East Central University. The program is aligned to the standards of the National Association for Sport and Physical Education standards (NASPE) and the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM). Study where and when it’s best for you, and graduate within a year.
Topics of study
- Facility management
- Legal aspects of sports
- Sports ethics
- Event management
- American society and sports
You’ll also complete a 100-hour practicum to gain valuable experience.
By graduation, you can:
- Plan, organize, lead and evaluate the goals of sports organizations
- Develop strategic plans and allocate resources
- Conduct sports-management research
- Apply various areas of law to the sports industry, understand the court system and how legal issues are decided, sex discrimination issues and collective bargaining agreements as a component of labor law.
- Use marketing concepts and product orientation and know the process of the sports-marketing planning model
- Understand factors that shape sport in culture and why business is involved in sports
- Develop an organizational budget, use the principles of fundraising and accounting procedures as a tool in finance
- Establish a code of professional ethics
- Use mass communications and the mass media industry and understand how business decisions are made
Graduates of the Sports Administration program take on roles in sports management such as coaches, directors and event coordinators.