MSc/PGDip in Global Finance Analytics King's College London Online
The finance industry is evolving at a rapid rate with transformations coming from big data analytics and digital techniques. The 100% online Global Finance Analytics MSc/Postgraduate Diploma ties together the key principles of finance with the cutting-edge analytical concepts needed to thrive in today’s financial world. Building on financial foundations, you will explore contemporary aspects including artificial intelligence, investment analysis, big data, machine learning, and fintech developments.
Studying this course will enable you to apply highly desirable learnt skills and knowledge to real-world financial situations, relevant today and in the future. Finance analytics provides a promising job landscape globally with fast-growing demand for employees with these skills. As technology continues to reach new heights, knowledge from this course will be essential well into the years ahead of us.
- Finance experts are essential across a range of industries, but companies are placing importance on data, searching out employees who can offer forward-thinking, predictive insights to shape the business practices of today and in the future. This course unlocks these skills, addressing the growing demand for analytics professionals.
- The Global Finance Analytics MSc/PGDip has been designed in close collaboration with leading financial industry practitioners and covers the fundamentals of advanced analytics in finance. Topics covered include big data techniques with a focus on applications in business and conduct risk management, as well as product origination and trading decision-making. You will also explore more advanced topics such as robo-advice and fintech developments.
- A focus for teaching will be placed on reflective skills that not only enable students to assimilate methods but also allow them to identify their appropriate utility in a variety of real-world situations. This will be possible via real-world case studies, simulation exercises (including R and Python coding opportunities) and more. The modular design of the course provides both core topics and the chance for you to choose from a range of optional modules, depending on your own goals.
- Future-proof your career with modern analytics topics including big data analytics, automated trading and FinTech.
- Explore optional Masterclasses, pushing your areas of interest further. Topics include C++, VBA, STATA, and Shadow Banking
- Join a degree developed in collaboration with practitioners from leading financial institutions.
- Alumni graduating from King’s Business School are sought after by financial industry firms including financial institutions and disruptors/start-ups. Recent employers include Morgan Stanley, HSBC and Credit Suisse
- Taught from King’s Business School, ranked 1st in London for Business & Management Studies (The Complete University Guide 2021).
Candidates should have programming knowledge and meet one of the following criteria:
- 2:1 honours degree (or above) in a Business, Finance or other quantitative subject area or international equivalent
- A 2:1 honours degree (or above) in any subject area or international equivalents and at least two years of relevant professional experience.
Degree certificates or transcripts (including evidence of quantitative subject) will be required when submitting the application. Candidates who are required to evidence professional experience should also include a CV detailing their professional experience in the finance sector.
Applications for candidates who fall outside of the standard entry requirements are still considered and are assessed on a case-by-case basis – this includes candidates applying based on professional experience/qualifications.
Non-standard applications will need to be supported by degree certificates or transcripts (where relevant), as well as a CV detailing their professional experience in the finance sector and their familiarity/knowledge of coding/programming skills.
- Whilst your academic background and familiarity with the topic of each module will have a bearing on your total study time, you should expect to commit roughly 21-25 hours a week to your studies.
- Students are assessed through a combination of written coursework and online examinations. The assessment methods may vary between modules, but each module will include one or more of these methods.
Fees will be charged per module as you progress through the course*.
MSc: 12 modules. PG Dip: 8 Modules.
The fee per module for the 2022/23 Academic Year is £1,970 and for the 2023/24 Academic Year is £2,069.
*Tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase (capped at 5%) each academic year in line with King's College London's terms and conditions. Each increase comes into effect for the September teaching period each year. From September 2023 the module fee will be £2,069.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.