Executive MBA (EMBA) OBS Business School
The structure and duration of the Executive MBA allows us to ensure the achievement of the objectives. The complexity of the management of a company requires a broad development of the different functional areas of a company, together with the development of managerial skills and a strategic vision of the company.
Each of the areas distributes the contents with the following structure:Strategic Area 27% of global content Financial Area 20% of global content Marketing and Commercial Area 20% of global content Personal Resources Area 17% of global content Systems and Operations Area 16% of global content
The Program is divided into four phases in which the different knowledge and skills of the Areas of a Company are worked on. The stages coincide with the business strategy formulation process: the design of the strategy, its implementation, growth strategies, and strategic monitoring and control.
With this program, the participant will go through the different Areas of the Company, knowing the responsibilities of each department, the key concepts necessary to direct them, without neglecting the global business vision.
Therefore, through the Executive MBA, in a period of one year, the student will acquire managerial skills and obtain the most current, practical and innovative business knowledge to lead an area or company.
Once the participant has gone through all the areas of the company, the circle will close with the completion of the Final Project, which begins after the completion of the first third of the program, is developed in parallel to the progress of the program and a month after the completion of the last subject, in order to have a final stage of greater dedication to it. This Final Project will connect and apply all the knowledge learned to a specific situation (company, department, division, international activity or development of a new business project).
- Analytical Foundations: Global Economic Environment; Organizational design; Financial diagnosis; Marketing: from the idea to the market.
- Strategic Conception: Direction and strategic innovation; Corporate financial management; Internationalization and Global Marketing Strategies; People management and talent management; Operations & Supply Chain Management; Digital marketing strategies.
- Management: Digital Transformation Strategies; Data analysis for decision making; Cross-cultural management; Planning and Control Management; Commercial direction and sales management; Investment valuation and portfolio management; Money and capital markets.
- Management Skills Development: Leadership and change management; Negotiation and conflict management; Entrepreneurship.
- Master's Final Project
Executive MBA Requirements
The fundamental objective of our admission process is to ensure the suitability of the candidates. All participants should get the most out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers, and former students.
These are the stages of the admission process:
- Preconditions for admission
- Admission request
- Personal interview
- Motivation letter
- Admissions Committee Evaluation
Executive MBA qualification
People who pass the evaluation of the program and meet the academic requirements established by the UB, will obtain the title of the UB (University of Barcelona).
In order to obtain the UB's own qualification, it is necessary to have a University Degree Qualification (Engineering, Bachelor's Degree or Diploma). If you do not have a University Degree, once the different evaluations have been passed, you will obtain a university extension diploma from the UB.
- Provide a capacity for continuous development of the most relevant managerial skills.
- Facilitate an integrated and global vision of the general direction and role of the company in its broader environment. Know the global nature of business activity, differentiating the responsibilities developed by each area of the company.
- Provide participants with a broad perspective of the company, a conception of a complex system in a reality of constant change.
- Promote an attitude of initiative and active management.
- Acquire key knowledge and develop essential competencies to strategically direct business activity.
- Design innovation strategies and policies that improve business management and business efficiency.
- Formulate and implement growth strategies, adapting to changes in the international business environment.
- Encourage teamwork and involve all departments of a company in the management of business projects.
- Provide participants with a solid business training, highlighting the latest trends and developments in business management.
- Encourage the development and improvement of personal and managerial skills.
- Increase the ability of managers to make decisions in an increasingly complex and unstable environment.
- Encourage the ability to detect, analyze and solve problems, and the entrepreneurial spirit through the development of the Business Plan.
The Executive MBA, program in business administration, is specially designed for those professionals who have extensive professional experience and wish to expand their knowledge in areas complementary to their current responsibility. In short, professionals who are looking for a promotion adding greater value to their curriculum or who are thinking about a professional change.
- Health sector
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Manufacturing industry
- Communication and advertising companies
- Multinational companies
- Regulatory bodies and Private Banking
- Technology Sector
- Service sector
- Consulting firms
- Infrastructure management
- Small and medium businesses
- Multilateral institutions
- Non-governmental organizations