Master's degree in security, defense and geostrategy UDIMA - Universidad a Distancia de Madrid
The Master in Security, Defense and geostrategy is an official title whose curriculum is published in the Official Gazette number 141 of 13 June 2013. This prestigious degree combines all the knowledge and experience accumulated by academic UDIMA in collaboration with the International Campus for Security and Defence (CIDSE), with quality assurance of a degree with official university master range. This program can take distance from Spain or abroad, face tests in several Spanish and foreign cities as enabled by the University official examination venues.
This master's degree in research is designed to provide students with extensive knowledge related to military issues, national security, defense policy, modern theory of defense, conflict and international politics, intelligence, terrorism and organized crime, military industry and economy defense, among others.
The teaching staff includes some of the largest international experts in these fields.
The Master in Security, Defense and geostrategy, is primarily aimed at graduates or graduates or diploma (or equivalent to those degrees) of the branch of Social and Legal Sciences (preferably with studies of Law, Criminology, Sociology, Psychology, or Science policies, without prejudice to its extension to students with studies of other branches, provided they prove content and skills related to the above fields). Furthermore, this curriculum is focused on the graduates or graduates in Journalism, interested in specializing in Military Journalism or Journalism War.
He also is also directed to:
- Higher Scale of Officers of the Civil Guard (equivalent to Bachelor, architect or engineer degree).
- Executive of the National Police scale, taking into account the following:
- Officials Executive Scale with academic equivalence Master, for officials from open competition or internal promotion accessing the diploma or college degree or university degree (in adaptation to the Bologna Plan), who have completed two years training at the School of Avila from 2006.
- Executive officials equivalence scale with college degree, for which they have agreed to the Executive Scale for internal promotion or open competition with the title of diploma or university degree prior to 2006.
- Officials of the Executive Scale without any university academic qualifications did not meet the requirements to access the scale with the title of diploma, university graduate or the university degree and until September 2015 may continue to benefit from the recognition of the Order of April 18, 2000, in the sense of obtaining a college graduate equivalency if before this date acquired a Diploma, Technical Engineer, Technical Architect, Graduate, Engineer or Architect.
- Military Career:
- Officer Scale: it corresponds to the studies of junior college. On this scale, the first military employment equivalent to a Diploma, Technical Engineer or Technical Architect, depending on the specialty chosen.
- Superior Officer Scale: corresponds to university studies of first and second cycle. In this degree, the first military employment equivalent to Bachelor's degree, Engineering or Architecture, according to the specialty studied.
The program objectives are associated with the purpose of making the student an expert on security issues, defense and geostrategy. The program aims to provide students with all the skills, knowledge and skills to enable professional performance as a researcher, analyst, academic or scientist in the fields of defense, collective security, military history, intelligence, terrorism, industry, geopolitical or other related fields.
The overall objective can be broken down into a series of specific learning objectives:
- Master the key concepts related to defense, security, geostrategy and geopolitics.
- Knowing what the origins and recent evolution of the main active armed and political conflicts in the world are.
- Knowing the typology of armed conflicts and the influence of globalization on them.
- Analyze the typology of modern war threats in the international geo-strategic framework.
- Assess and weigh the influence of terrorism and international organized on the security of nations crime.
- Understand the concepts of National Defense Policy, as well as the relevant bodies of his leadership.
- Knowing the structure of the Spanish Armed Forces and the Forces of State Security.
- Incorporate the concept of international security and meet relevant international bodies to ensure it.
- Knowing the Armed Forces of the major foreign powers.
- Understand the fundamental concepts of intelligence and counterintelligence.
- Knowing what the intelligence community and learn information services and national and foreign intelligence.
- Know the main modern technologies related to the defense industry and its economic and social weight.
- To analyze the influence of Defense and Economy from the point of social, technological and productive view.
- Knowing the recent military history and armed conflicts that have had a decisive influence on the evolution of our society.
- Learn the techniques of research in the area of security sciences.
- successfully pass the tests and criteria set by program faculty.
- Demonstrate research competence through the development and presentation of a Master's Thesis.
Requirements and access roads for Master studies
The requirements for access to official Master studies in accordance with the provisions of Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007 of 29 October, establishing the planning of official university education:
- To access the official Master studies will be necessary to be in possession of a Spanish or another issued by an institution of Higher Education European empowering in the country issuing the qualification for admission to Master studies university degree (*).
- They can access the graduates from foreign educational systems to the European Higher Education Area, without the approval of their titles, after verification by the university that those certify a level of education equivalent to the corresponding Spanish university degrees and empowering in the country issuing the qualification for admission to postgraduate studies.
- Access by this route does not imply any prior approval of that title is held by the applicant, nor its recognition for purposes other than studying Master's teachings.
(*) May be másteres with specific paths, see website for each Master.
Foreign students may apply for admission without the approval of their titles, after verification by the university that those certify a level of education equivalent to the corresponding Spanish university degrees and that empower the country issuing the degree access to postgraduate studies. These requirements must be accredited by the new students for the purposes of your application for admission is approved. As well as students who are studying in UDIMA and wishing to launch different, simultaneándolos or not the former.
The documentation required to prove these requirements is as follows:
- certified photocopy of ID card / passport / NIE.
- certified photocopy of the official university degree or equivalent
- In the case of foreign students (in addition to the above 2 documents) must present a certificate stating the officers of his title and entitling the issuing country for access to Master studies, in addition to the detailed program title realized, in order to check the level of education obtained by studies.
Document requirements for foreign students: Documents issued abroad must be official and duly legalized by diplomatic means or by the Apostille Convention (except the studies completed in the EU). They must also be accompanied by their official translation into Castilian. The official translation can be done:
- Jury translator, duly authorized or registered in Spain.
- Any diplomatic or consular representation of the Spanish State abroad.
- Through diplomatic or consular representation in Spain of the country that it is citizen the applicant or, where appropriate, the provenance of the document.