WHY CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY CHICAGO?
Concordia University Chicago is a leader in graduate and undergraduate education. Our accredited, highly ranked, on-campus, cohort and online Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral programs can help you achieve your education and career goals:
- Founded in 1864, Concordia-Chicago is celebrating its 150th anniversary of bringing higher education to the world.
- More than 3,500 students are enrolled in our online, cohort and on-campus Master's and Doctoral programs.
- We are the second fastest growing campus among nonprofit Master's degree-granting institutions in the U.S. for 2004–2009 (Chronicle of Higher Education, 2011 Almanac Edition).
- The Higher Learning Commission granted accreditation for Concordia-Chicago to offer a doctor of philosophy (Ph.D.) in leadership. As a result, Concordia added Ph.D. to its doctor of education (EdD) in leadership with eight specializations.
- In 2010, the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education conferred its prestigious “Continuing Accreditation of all Education Programs without conditions” on Concordia’s education programs.
The Educator Preparation Programs at CUC have been accredited since 1962 by the National Council of Teacher Education (NCATE) and NCATE’s successor the Council for the Accreditation Education Programs (CAEP). Both Advanced Endorsement Programs and Initial Licensure Programs have been awarded this highly sought recognition of excellence granted to select programs across the country. CAEP is the only national accrediting body for educator preparation which recognizes those programs of distinction that prepare educators against the most rigorous standards. At the graduate level, nationally recognized programs for excellence include the Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction with the ESL Endorsement, Reading Education, Master of Arts in Teaching at the Elementary and Secondary Level, and Educational Leadership (Principals).